• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom Value & Point Value help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello,

I am new here,i just wanted to ask about a point value.

I make an action ( set units custom value ). And now , is that the same thing as point value?

Because i put units custom value to 2,and i create another trigger in which i put condition check units point value and that trigger never works.

Any help?

Level 17
No, Custom Unit Value is a wonderful thing and it has nothing to do with Point Value. It's just an Integer or Real type variable (I can't remember which) assigned to a unit.

Use a 'Unit's custom value' or something like that among the Integer or Real conditions.

Edit: Correcting myself: Point value of a unit is a unit's life / mana.

Level 5
Edit: Correcting myself: Point value of a unit is a unit's life / mana.

I believe point value is the amount of points added to a player's unit score for owning/killing that unit.

Level 17
Hmm, thanks for correcting me, I was wrong the second time as well. Okay, so the point value of a unit... well..
The point value of a unit is found in the object editor, units tab, and the point value field is near the bottom of the unit's stats fields.
I'm almost sure it has the same purpose as the custom unit value property, you can just set this in the unit editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.