• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom UI Template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
hi,

I want to create a template for my texturer but I am always ending up like this
attachment.php

instead of this
attachment.php

Somehow I can't convert the UITile02, UITile04 and UITile-TimeIndicatorFrame right with Warcraft 3 Viewer. Is there a better program for converting .bmp into .blp?

Attachments

• Problem.jpg
    Problem.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 1,275
  • Custom UI.jpg
    Custom UI.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 979
Level 13
When creating a freehanded custom User Interface, you work with the whole canvas and cut it into the right pieces once it's finished - and not before.
Also, should you work with Photoshop, you can use rulers to mark the edges of the tiles while drawing. That makes designing a lot easier.

I know how to create a custom UI. I want to create my own template because of some alterations of functionality and so on. My problem is after cutting the four parts from the original UI, UITile04 corrupts during the conversation and can not be displayed in warcraft.

Level 13
I use gimp 2.6 to cut the UI into the four parts and export them to .bmp with 32 bit (A8 R8 G8 B8).
After that I use the warcraft 3 viewer to convert them to .blp.
After importing them into the editor I change the texture path to the human UI.
Ingame, only Tile01 and Tile03 are displayed correctly.

Ah, okay.
First of all, you should /always/ save texture files as .TGA files.
Those are the standard files Warcraft 3 textures use, before being converted to .BLP.
They will also have correctly working alpha channels and previews will show up correctly in, for example, Magos' Model Editor.

Also, WC3 Viewer is a rather bad tool to convert images.
I recommend using BLP Lab.
It converts plenty of filetypes perfectly - with included quality settings.

So, if you save Tile04 as .TGA, convert it with BLP Lab to .BLP, it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.