• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom models are invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi all
Like the title says, some models I try to import appear to be invisible (but they do cast a shadow), others works well.
What can cause this?

Level 8
You may have incorrectly imported the models, read the through the automatically generated tutorial for whatever you import. Also, you may have to restart the WE after saving the models into your map and editing your units model file.

Level 1
Alright, I think the problem is the directory path thingy.
Some models, like this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...downloads&order=DESC&c=3&d=list&r=20&status=g
works great, without tinkering with the dir path. I just import the model and portrait and I'm good to go.
The other one I want
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ownloads&order=DESC&c=10&d=list&r=20&status=g
uses a BLP file, which I assume needs to have it's path set.
Now I'm confused, where should my model directory be? if the BLP path is "war3mapImported\HighElfWarMage.blp" and my dir is "C:\models\elf\HighElfWarMage.blp" should I just set it up that way? cause I tried and I still get an invisible figure.

Thank you all for you time and answers.

Level 12
mdl or mdx files not requires to set the path i think cus its a complete model

blp files are just skins. Those had to be atached to the path of the unit which is uses it
in the case it uses an original warcraft units model

in the case of WarMage i think non the mdx and the blp file needs to set its path cus
the mdx file is going to be fine and not needed to overwrite its skin with the blp since they are belongs to each other

correct me if i told something stupid, but give it a try

Level 8
no it dont work that way.
you remove the war3mapImported\ so you only got the name.blp left

Yeah but you need to add textures\ to the name sometimes. It tells you in the tutorial of course.

Edit: Edorn the 1st blp's path is Textures\HighElfWarMage.blp

For the other blp, try deleting war3mapimported.

Level 1
Thanks you very much, Destroyer, everything works now that I set the BLP's to the correct path! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.