• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom models are black, how do I fix? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Whenever I import a custom model theyre all missing their texture. They look like this.

This is what their file name or what ever is called.

I watched a tutorial and did everything they did, but I can't double click in the model import thingy to change path. Nothing happens. In the readme fiile, this is what it says for this model.

'' Impaled Orc

Filesize: 1968.84 KB

Filenames: impaledorc.mdx, orc_peon_main_diffuse.dds, orc_peon_main_orm.dds

Paths:

• Orc_Peon_Main_Diffuse.dds

• Orc_Peon_Main_ORM.dds' Am I supposed to change the ''war3mapImported\impaledorc.mdl'' to one of the ''Orc_Peon_Main_Diffuse.dd or ''Orc_Peon_Main_ORM.dds''?
I can't figure out what their file name is supposed to be. I've imported ALL the textures that came with the model.

Level 21
You just need to make sure that the texture files have their correct paths, these are the .dds ones.

war3mapimported\orc_peon_main_diffuse.dds -> Orc_Peon_Main_Diffuse.dds
war3mapimported\orc_peon_main_orm.dds -> Orc_Peon_Main_ORM.dds

Level 13
Inside the asset manager you have to double click in the far left column where the filepath is, if you double click on the column on the right side that displays the name of the asset nothing happens.

Level 2
You just need to make sure that the texture files have their correct paths, these are the .dds ones.

war3mapimported\orc_peon_main_diffuse.dds -> Orc_Peon_Main_Diffuse.dds
war3mapimported\orc_peon_main_orm.dds -> Orc_Peon_Main_ORM.dds

So I clicked at the left collum, and changed their file name / path to what you pasted but nothing changed. Screenshot - b23346eefa8b3bde6b00f88927e305da - Gyazo

Then in the art model file I changed it as well but they end up being green boxes instead, I've copy and pasted several names here in this section but they all end up being boxes:
Screenshot - 7b46e07ec3e40dbe378949884e9ac319 - Gyazo

Level 21
Are you using reforged exclusively?

Navigate:
Files - Preferences - General - Asset Mode - put to HD.

Also make sure that your imported HD models are set to HD mode in your asset manager.

After importing models, first correct the pathing of your imports then save while being in the asset manager before actually usind said imports in your map.

i'll add the working map for you

Attachments

• impaled orc.w3m
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Level 2
Are you using reforged exclusively?

Navigate:
Files - Preferences - General - Asset Mode - put to HD.

Also make sure that your imported HD models are set to HD mode in your asset manager.

After importing models, first correct the pathing of your imports then save while being in the asset manager before actually usind said imports in your map.

i'll add the working map for you
Thanks for helping. Yes, I am only using reforged. Everything is set to HD. So I managed to figure out how to do the impaled Orc by copying the file names in the map you posted, so I removed all the wc3import EXCEPT for the model, which did the trick. Alas, when I try with another model, and I do the same thing (remove the wc3import from textures but leave the model alone) I'm back to square one, as they are now missing texture again.

Level 21
Well it depends on what textures are used
For this you would have to either open the model with notepad/editor and see for yourself, or follow the model maker's instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.