• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Map Issues SD/HD Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello,

I have spent a couple of months creating a multiplayer map.

Unfortunately players on Classic have been complaining that certain models go invisible. This includes the Female Zombie and a few Heroes. All models have a classic variant, they just don't seem to load for them.

Any ideas on how I could resolve this, so that my map could be played by both classic and reforged players? Rather than just reforged.

Thanks.

Level 12
Listen now if you use a the unit femal Zombie it has a classic version yes if you do a new unit and give it the femal zombie model it has no classic model because the path to classic is only aviable as long you use the original femal zombie if you create a new unit with the model from the femal zombie it’s invisible
That’s why you should better map in classic then in reforged... if you want it playable for both

there is no female zombie model in classic btw it’s a normal male zombie... only the name is (female)

Level 12
77D3A51D-AD49-4B29-9960-7476E7921DAD.jpeg

as you can see for me it’s right now set HD

if i know place Drekthar (orc Rider) and start in classic I can see a default orc rider in classic model but if I now do a new hero and use the drekthar model it’s invisible in classic and unclickable too

Status
Not open for further replies.