• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Items Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi all, there is a question that has been lingering around my mind for a while now.
What i want to know is that is there a limit to the number of custom items (in object editor) you can have? I am thinking of an item enhancement system that requires multiple versions of the same item.

For example, there is an item that can be enhanced up to 10 times and can also allow up to 2 'essences' to be applied to the item.
If there are a total of 9 different 'essences', that means there are 9x10 (9 + 1 because of empty slot for essences) versions of the same item with different essence combinations. Add that with the number of enhancements, you get a whooping 900 version of the same item!

So now i ask again, is there a limit to the number of custom items you can have?

Level 23
I assume the raw code of anything can go all the way to 'ZZZZ' you can have for each digit you can have 36 items, meaning you can have roughly 1678116 things(i counted 1500 secured raw codes for premade abilities and stuff like that).
Or items can have only raw codes beginning with I which means you can have roughly 46306 custom items(counted 250 premade items but maybe there are more of those)
Hope i gave you Answer

I believe i read somewhere that Warcraft 3 can only around 7,400~ custom objects of each type (Unit, Item, Destructable, Doodad, Spell, Buff, Upgrade).

'0000' to 'ZZZZ' is 1,679,616 IDs
There are around 5,000 melee objects defined (roughly) leaving 1,674,616 IDs left.
Divided by the seven types: 239,230 Ids

I don't know why there would be a limit near to 7,400 but technically you can support more.

World Editor F&Q says this:

Q: How big can I make my map?
A: Players can download maps of up to 4 megabytes. Smaller sizes will download faster. Also individual object types are limited: Destructibles - 6144
Doodads (non-destructible) - 8192
Neutral Hostile (all) + Neutral Passive Units - 512
Neutral Passive Buildings - 96
Player-owned Units - 1080
Player-owned Buildings - 600
Items - 256
The maximum number of custom objects, per type (per Object Editor tab), is 7776 for maps and 5184 for campaigns (12,960 total).
Some of it is outdated, but surely not all of it?

Level 19
I'm using World Editor Unlimited (name says it already) in combination with JNGP to be able to place more then 8192 doodads and more then X amount of units etc.
WEU is always dangerous with various extra's that might cause desyncs like some GUI functions in it (from what I've heard), so I only use WEU for this reason and don't use all the other extra's I get from it.

Pan Camera? cool, never knew there was a desync'er!

as for JNGP:
  • A pain to setup properly.
  • Not in tools section AFAK.
  • Can still corrupt your map.
  • vJASS itself sucks as you gain nothing but lazy habits.
  • The only good things are ease to add up to 16 tiles and place more than max doodads/destructables.
  • Other that the point above, only mods the Trigger Editor.
  • Again if not set up properly it will corrupt maps most of the time.
  • <unsure> Only for windows?

Level 19
I wasnt talking about normal GUI functions. I was talkign about the extra functions given by WEU that aren't recommended to actually use because, per example, they might desync.
So yeah, as I said, WEU sucks. But if you want to be able to save a map without limits, WEU is great to use. Not sure if its WUE, but I believe the reason I can use negative values on some spells, or extra high values as long as I use shift + enter on it, is because of WEU isnt it?

Level 17
noo you can do that in normal we too
------------
A pain to setup properly.
Not in tools section AFAK.
Can still corrupt your map.
vJASS itself sucks as you gain nothing but lazy habits.
The only good things are ease to add up to 16 tiles and place more than max doodads/destructables.
Other that the point above, only mods the Trigger Editor.
Again if not set up properly it will corrupt maps most of the time.
<unsure> Only for windows?

:xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd::goblin_good_job::goblin_good_job::goblin_good_job::vw_sleep: :vw_sleep:
-------------
i heard there is a limit to 2000 items from some guy who worked on tkok

Status
Not open for further replies.