• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maximum Item limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have a couple of questions regarding items. I was making a map where items aren't really used, so I considered putting passive information and active abilities in the item slots, to free up command card slots. However I am curious how many items can be made before becoming a problem.

1. If a unit dies, do the items they carry have to be manually removed?

2. Can non hero units "hold" items with no issue?

3. Can non hero units be made to use items?

4. Is there a max item limit?

Level 9
1. i'm not sure if this applies, but;
I'm pretty sure items leak as well. I don't think tomes ever leave your map. You might notice a small dot where the hero got one and it just stays there forever.

2. i think so. can't think of a situation where there would be a problem.

3. yes, you can do that in melee games. forgot the ability name, though.

4. dunno

Level 7
I know that units can hold items with Backpack for units, but can I give them hero backpack and let them use it is what I'm curious about.

Level 25
Copy the ability called "Inventory".
There you can set what units should be allowed to use the items, heroes and non-hero units.

Just make sure that non-hero units does NOT USE tomes that increase their STR/AGI/INT as those crash the game.

Items doesn't leak, except powerups/instant use items.
For those, use this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...01057/?prev=search=item%20cleanup&d=list&r=20

There is no max item limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.