• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Heroes in Altars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I know this is oftenly asked question, but how do I make my heroes disappear after they were trained for the first time?

I did put him in Techtree - Dependency Equivalents - Altar, and I did use trigger Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players), but nothing changes.

I am modifying a map from w3Arena, just to say it because all those maps have some code already written and I don't know if it overrides my triggers. I tested that on other maps from FT, but same thing, doesen't work.

Level 8
I believe you've got to add an action for every hero type you've got like this:
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Player - Limit training of YourHeroType to 1 for (Picked Players)

Level 4
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Player - Limit training of YourHeroType to 1 for (Picked Players)

Sorry, I'm new to trigger, so I don't know what I need to put in "(All players) and do "(actions)". :(
Could you tell me a litle bit more detailed?

Level 12
You don't have to choose anything.
Screenshot_1.png

And you press "OK"

Level 9
I did put him in Techtree - Dependency Equivalents - Altar, and I did use trigger Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players), but nothing changes.

Techtree - Dependency Equivalents - Altar
in the Object Editor or the Gameplay Constants?

If I remember correctly, you should be adding the Hero to the Techtree - Dependency Equivalents - Hero in the Gameplay Constants not on Object Editor.

Level 4
Techtree - Dependency Equivalents - Altar in the Object Editor or the Gameplay Constants?

If I remember correctly, you should be adding the Hero to the Techtree - Dependency Equivalents - Hero in the Gameplay Constants not on Object Editor.

In Gameplay Constants. There's no "Techtree - Dependency Equivalents - Hero:" in Object Editor, only "Techtree - Dependency Equivalents:"(I don't know what is the use for this, none of the original heroes has anything in it's value).

Level 14
I don't know how to do it like Hoth suggested. I don't know how to put that "Loop - Actions. I have tried a few ways to do it and this is one of them:

That trigger only works when you combine it with Gameplay Constants.

• playergroup.gif
    Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • joinbottomminus.gif
      actions.gif
      Loop - Actions
      • empty.gif
        joinbottom.gif
        player.gif
        Player - Limit training of YourHeroType to 1 for (Picked Players)

Choose New Action (Ctrl+R) in Trigger Editor, find Player Group in Action Type, choose second one "Player Group - Pick Every Player In Player Group and Do Action" then select "Action", find Player - Limit Training of Unit Type".

Status
Not open for further replies.