• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Hero max Level not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
im used the "war3mapSkin.txt" and now the hero max level resets to 10...

i tried this..
set max level to 100
saved the map
closed, then open map

the hero max level resets to default (10)...

i removed the "war3mapSkin.txt" and it worked... but i need it... i tried searching for hero max level in the "war3mapSkin.txt" file and found nothing...

is there another ".txt" file for hero levels or Gameplay constants?

i tried adding "MaxHeroLevel=100" on the "war3mapSkin.txt"
but it didnt work...

help pls...
tried searching hive and google............... none....

Level 18
You have to set the max possible level in the Game-play constants.

Click the "Advanced" tab up at the top of your editor, and find Game-play constants. Then hit "H" to bring up the Hero section. It should be somewhere around there. Make sure you click the check-box that says "Use custom gameplay constants".

Level 6
yep... i know how to do that and tried... but when i save the map, close then open... it resets to 10... or when i test the map...

it does not work... the "war3mapSkin.txt" i imported is overwriting the max level, i think... but i need the "war3mapSkin.txt" so i cant delete it...

is there any other way to solve this...

Level 18
Oh sorry for some reason I didn't see your other text before.

Can I see your "war3mapSkin.txt" file (or just an upload of the map)?

I just did a search for war3mapSkin.txt and it looks more like it controls the game-play interface rather than the game-play constants.

I just imported war3mapSkin.txt into my map with a couple of changes, and changed the hero-max-level to 15. When I closed/reopened the map, the game-play constants were still there and the "use custom game-play interface" check-box was checked. If its not working for you then there's something else wrong, and you'll probably have to upload your map for us to solve it.

Confirmed, war3mapSkin.txt only affects the Game Interface, not the game-play constants.

Level 18
You would still have to have war3mapMisc.txt imported in your map file in order to the game-play constants to be over-ridden.

metal_13 said:
im used the "war3mapSkin.txt" and now the hero max level resets to 10...

This doesn't affect the game-play constants, so somewhere along the line you were giving me some faulty information.

I just tested it out, importing both war3mapMisc.txt and war3mapSkin.txt and they both worked as expected, they didn't reset values completely unassociated with the file, as you have suggested happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.