• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Hero and Ability Help requested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So I'm new to this whole mapping shenanigan and hit a few stumbling blocks with my current project.

First- I want to implement custom heroes. I want it so that each player can have a maximum of 5 heroes and you can recruit more than 1 of any type of hero. I've got a trigger setting hero maximum to 5, and the limit for the Human Hero to -1, so now you can just build as many as you want....

Second- Trying to implement an ability where, you activate it, it acts a temporary aura giving bonus armour to nearby friendlies for its duration. I've edited an aura and set it's casting time and cooldown and what not, but it still functions as a passive rather than an active ability.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Level 15
  • Player - Limit training of Heroes to 5 for Player 1 (Red)
2. u cant make auras actives by simply adding cool down and casting time.

ull have to trigger the aura ability by having a dummy active ability that does nothing and the trigger adding / removing the aura

Level 1
I've done that, but I also want it so that you can recruit the Hero as many times as you want, as long as you're under your limit of 5.
The Trigger I've currently got is-
  • Player - Limit training of Captain to -1 for Player 1 (Red)
The reason for this is because the Heroes are non-revivable. Meaning if he dies, you need to recruit a fresh one.
2. u cant make auras actives by simply adding cool down and casting time.

ull have to trigger the aura ability by having a dummy active ability that does nothing and the trigger adding / removing the aura

I see...I'll see if I can figure out how to do that, if not, I'll likely prod in this thread for a more detailed guide.

Level 15
ok i didnt quite understand what u wanted

heros when they die dont actually die making the relivable

im not 100% this will work for what your trying to do but try this

• hero removal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game

Level 1
ok i didnt quite understand what u wanted

heros when they die dont actually die making the relivable

im not 100% this will work for what your trying to do but try this

• hero removal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game

Already got that in. However, if I set the recruit limit for the Captain hero to 5, once you've recruited 5, you can't recruit anymore, even if one of them dies.

So my issue is-

I want it so you can recruit Captains as many times as you want BUT
only ever have a maximum of 5 heroes in play at a time.

Perhaps having triggers in place so that whenever a Hero dies, it allows you to recruit the Hero again?

Level 1
Okay, the closest I've got so far is using these two Triggers-

• Events
    • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Captain
  • Actions
    • If ((Number of living Captain units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 5) then do (Player - Limit training of Captain to 0 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) else do (Do nothing)
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Captain
  • Actions
    • Player - Limit training of Captain to -1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
However, it means if someone queues up enough Heroes to take them over the 5 limit, they get that many Heroes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.