• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Custom Fireball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi everyone, i am asking help for creating my spell. I need to create a custom fireball, which is almost simular to the original, but i need to damage target via trigger. so i choose a buff check (when the stun hits the target, special buff of stun appear and i trigger damage), because its the best way to save functionality of spell blockers like Amulet of spell negation or Rune with same effect. But i m stuck with the repeat trigger i made, cus i dont understand how i can check index array within. this repeat trigger should check units in "target of the fireball" group, and if they have a buff (when the fireball missle hit the target) - damage them for the amount of damage i need (level of the spell, Intelligence of caster, etc), or if they still havent any buff - after 20 seconds delete them from targets group, then if a target group is empty - turn off this trigger. Any ideas?

Level 10
If shooting a fireball at someone adds them to a damage group.

Make another trigger for Spell Sheild.

If a unit starts the effect of Spell Sheild, kick them out of the damage group. This way, the fireball still triggers the Spell Sheild and puts it on cooldown, but the extra triggered Intelligence damage does not affect the target, because the target is no longer in the damage group.

Level 5
Well, for everyone who can look and help me with my problem - here is my version. I m stuck now, completely

Attachments

• custom_fb.w3x
    17.1 KB · Views: 50
Level 5
Level 24
Nonononononononononononononononononono.

Download a DDS.
Download a Unit Indexer.
Replace your fireball ability by a dummy ability (channel based).
When you cast that ability, you create a dummy unit that will cast the original fireball.
You store the ability in an ability array under the custom value of the dummy.
You store the original caster in a unit array under the same index.
You store the damage you want it to deal under that as well.
You give the dummy an expiration timer of 12 seconds.

When a unit takes damage (DDS event), and the ability in the ability array under the index of the custom value of the source, you then have the exact moment when a unit has been hit by a fireball and your original source will deal the damage via triggers.
(you can just modify the amount instead of dealing new damage)
There is no better way to find the exact moment except if you use a missile system.

Make sure that you null the array variables again.

Level 5
Nonononononononononononononononononono.

Download a DDS.
Download a Unit Indexer.
Replace your fireball ability by a dummy ability (channel based).
When you cast that ability, you create a dummy unit that will cast the original fireball.
You store the ability in an ability array under the custom value of the dummy.
You store the original caster in a unit array under the same index.
You store the damage you want it to deal under that as well.
You give the dummy an expiration timer of 12 seconds.

When a unit takes damage (DDS event), and the ability in the ability array under the index of the custom value of the source, you then have the exact moment when a unit has been hit by a fireball and your original source will deal the damage via triggers.
(you can just modify the amount instead of dealing new damage)
There is no better way to find the exact moment except if you use a missile system.

Make sure that you null the array variables again.

And u get stuck when ur Channel based spell will trigger passive of the Amulet of the spell negation, before fireball missle hit the target

Status
Not open for further replies.