• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Custom Aerial Shackles crashes Wc3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello.
I have encountered a strange problem.
I have a custom made Aerial Shackles spell. Any unit that gets attacked that has this ability will cause the attack to crash the game.

I am sure that it is becuase of the ability, becuase once i removed it from the unit in the object editor and then allowed units to attack it, it worked fine.

The ability was originally copy pasted from another map, but after the crashes i remade it from sctrach in the ability editor, but the problem still persists.

The crash seems to trigger when the unit recieves damage (projectiles reaches the unit and then crashes). I have implemented Bribe's damage detection system in the map, could it have anything to do with that?

EDIT:
Here is the error:

78535105.jpg

Last edited:
Level 19
Disable the damage detection system and re-try. If it persists, than it might be an invalid reference in the damage field

Level 11
I just disabled it, still crashed. What do you mean by invalid refernce in the damage field? Please explain :)

EDIT: Nevermind! I got what you meant. The unit has no attacks enabled, and I like to set all combat fields to 0 or false or whatever, after i reset them to their default values it now worked! Thanks alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.