• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Help with MUI Aerial Shackles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello Hiveworkshop users! I am here in need of help with my MUI Aerial Shackles spell! What I want this spell to do is the following:
Be a hero spell
Deal damage equal to my hero's strength every second for 5 seconds
Completely GUI and MUI.

Now, I am an extreme noob when it comes to the whole looping idea of triggers, so please bear with me! Now I understand I have to use some trigger that says: "For Integer X 1 to 10 loop" or something like that. I do not know how to use this trigger, nor do I want some really length tutorial on it. Below is listed of the triggers what I have so far, and the problem is that whenever I cast the aerial shackles, it does not damage the enemy.

Fiery Grip
Events
Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Fiery Grip of Death
Actions
Set FG_Caster = (Triggering unit)
Set FG_Unit_Being_Casted_On = (Target unit of ability being cast)
Set FG_Times = 0
Trigger - Turn on Fiery Grip Loop <gen>

Fiery Grip Loop
Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
If (All conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
FG_Times Not equal to 5
(FG_Unit_Being_Casted_On has buff Fiery Grip) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Unit Cause FG_Caster to damage FG_Unit_Being_Casted_On, dealing (Real((Strength of FG_Caster (Include bonuses))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
Set FG_Times = (FG_Times +1)
Else - Actions
Set FG_Times = 0
Set FG_Caster = No unit
Set FG_Unit_Being_Casted_On = No unit
Set FG_Damage = 0
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

And that is it. Thanks for viewing, and all help is appreciated!

Level 33
You do this action per 0.02 second.
You increase the counter per 0.02 second, which makes it become 5 in 0.10 second.

Whereas you want it to deal damage per second - which means per 1 second.
Change the interval: Timer - Periodic Event

Also, I have created a test map for you to take a look around, feel free to ask any question about the test map.

Also, are you new to spells ?
If you are, don't start making a channeling spell, it's quite more difficult than static spell, such as cast-and-run spell rather than channeling.

You should use the event: Starts the effect of an ability.

And for ANY triggered-based spells, you are recommended to use a spell named: Channel

It is designed mainly for triggered spells, which in this case, it is very suitable to use it.

Also, in the Channel ability, there's a field called Data - Follow Through Time, this is the channeling time.

Attachments

• Fiery Grip.w3x
    14.3 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.