• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help- channeled spell to increase another spells dmg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
im using aerial shackles to act as the triggering ability, also as a chain effect to the specified unit. every second the hero is channeling the ability to a unit it increases his immolation damage. can anyone help?

I think you mean something like this:
Triggering unit shackles some other unit, so when it shackles, every 1 second the damage done of immolation increases.

What i would try to do in 3 possible ways:

-Make a trigger that increases the level of immolation every 1 second(you will need to make more levels of immolation in object editor)

-Replacing old immolation with another immolation

-If the immolation damage increase only while shackles, make a periodic trigger that will damage nearby units, each time for more damage

Also make sure that triggering unit is channeling a spell(or if it has some buff) in case if it gets stunned or something. To stop the spell effects.

Level 4
yes that's exactly what i was thinking about doing. possibly run the actual dmg from the immolation and level ups on a dummy unit.

so im thinking that i would need to make about 10 levels higher of immolation then the last level of the actual immolation on the triggering unit to set for the 10 seconds on the dummy unit.(ive only been map making for a week so it helps to speak with other people :)...)

hmm yea i think i got it figured out. thank you!

Level 18
I don't know the exact name of the command, but I believe it's 'Unit - Let UNIT damage UNIT for X damage with attack type X and damage type X'. Let the X damage be 'base damage * seconds while ability is being channeled'. To count the seconds, make a periodic event that executes every second.

• Channeled time
    • Events
      • Game - Every 1.00 seconds of the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set SpellTime = (SpellTime + 1)
      • Unit - Let UNIT damage UNIT for (DMG x SpellTime) damage with attack type X and damage type X
When the ability starts, set SpellTime = 0. Also make a trigger that stops the SpellTime when the spell is cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.