• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Custom Ability issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've created a passive armor-crushing hero ability based on the orb of corruption. However, despite working fine in practice, the ability itself doesn't show up among the hero abilities in game. I positioned it fine, it has both learning and normal icon, but once the hero learns it, its not there.

Level 5
Some abilities are hidden from the command card, specially some of those that were originally made for items. Use another ability as a placeholder, like Moon Glaive - the ability itself has no effect.

How does Moon Glaive work? I'm not sure how I should use it to get the real ability without triggering, which can be tricky because of the Tome of Retraining.

Level 13
I actually thought of triggers being involved. Moon Glaive is given to a hero by default, and orb of corruption is given when learning/leveling moon glaive. You'd need another trigger for detecting when a hero uses a tome of retraining, and then you remove the second ability (orb).

Level 4
Just make a modified version of Moon Glaive (which has no true effect) or any dummy passive with the icon and tooltips of your Orb of Corruption and then when the hero learn the ability just add the Ability and set the level using simple triggers

Level 5
That sucks, I hoped to avoid triggers. I'll try it out then and see if I can make it work.

Edit: I can't find the trigger that sets the level of the real ability as the dummy ability gets more levels. Like, if the dummy ability is level 2, modify the actual ability too.

Last edited:
Level 5
Uhh, thanks, I tried searching it up among both hero and unit, but this one somehow eluded me.

Edit: I may speak too quick, but I triggered the ability and seem to work like a charm along with the retraining option. Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.