• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Critique my hell terrain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, I'm making a map located in Hell. It's before all, a playing map, but I don't llike the terrain so I'd like to know your feedback.

The map is attached.

Some screenshots:

CenterofMap.png

DevilGatePNG.png

MountainPNG.png

PassagePNG.png

SummoningCirclePNG.png

Last edited:
Level 6
Well, it looks really flat. And insted of using blizzard cliffs, you can just use the raise ground button (look picture) and put some pathing blockers. And i would like it better if there was trees at all spots where the map just turns into blackness. For example to the right in pic number 3.

So do i just randomly use noise everywhere to fix the flatness?

Level 11
Don't replace them with blizzard cliffs, though. Instead of using them, toy around with the raise up/lower down height tool to make nice mountains. See a little terrains to understand how the mountains should look like. Add more spikes/rocks from outland section, make it look as void said more underground.

Status
Not open for further replies.