• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Critics requested! (ICONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well so... I was looking at some icon tutorials and I decided to make my very first icons. I made a "Rune of Fire" (using Old Norse symbol - don't be confused with Runescape) using GIMP 2.6. The first Rune of Fire (attachment BTNfireRune.tga) is a shit but I decided to put it here because I wanted to know how big shit it is from pro iconmakers. The Rune of Fire #2 (attachment BTNfireRune2.tga) is much better than the first one (at least I think so). When making the stone for Rune of Fire #2 I was looking at Heartstone - the shading and those things cos' I had no idea how to make that by myself. I hope I wouldn't need any Heartstone with the next ones. For the rune sign, I used the rune "Kenaz" -
k.jpg
- rune of fire, torch or light also used for manifesting character and personality. This rune corresponds the English letter 'K,C or Q'. I you noticed, I've slightly modified Kenaz rune by adding two orthogonal lines to the original two ones in Rune of Fire #1.

Well, feel free to give comments or advices.

Attachments

• BTNfireRune.tga
    12 KB · Views: 80
  • BTNfireRune2.tga
    12 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.