• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Criticism and some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
First,i made a reskinning of Archemonde's texture,and i think i got to a nice result. However,i'd like some criticism from everyone. I want to make it clear that i don't plan to post it,since i noticed it looks a little like one fo Dionesiist's textures,and i didn't like how it looks too much anyway. I plan on practicing some more before posting anything,but i may change my mind,depending on the reviews. :p

Here we go (uh... please be nice?):
ArkannEmperor.jpg

tyrant.png

It was almost entirely freehand (with a mouse,i plan to get a graphics tablet sometime soon),plus some textures applied here and there.

Aaaaalso. I have this little doubt... i've seen some of Dionesiist's (can't say i haven't taken some inspiration from his creations,i guess) skins and they look so unblurred and well-defined. Mine don't look too bad on GIMP,but as soon as i put it on a model,it becomes all blurry and stuff... i figured out it has something to do with the unwrapping... but maybe (very likely,in fact) i'm wrong. Or maybe it has to do with the fact that i always convert it with 50% quality so as not to make the file too big or something. So... can anybody tell me how can i make my textures less blurry when put on a model ?

Status
Not open for further replies.