• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Critical Strike with MultiShot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, I have managed to make a working multishot of 2.
Now i also have a 20% chance of crit on my hero and when he does, he attacks only one enemy instead of 2. Same goes for a multi shot of more. For example when i have a multi shot of 8, i only hit 1 with a critical strike. ( also no normal hits with the multi shot, just 1 arrow and a crit)
How can i make mutlishot crit multiple enemies?
Or can i fix this in any other way?

Thanks a lot

Level 14
Does the multishot hit the nearest targets of the hero or at random directions?
If it hits always the nearest ones you can easily make a dummy unit with dummy multishot with invisible effects that will have a % chance to be spawned and use multishot too, dealing the same damage as the hero. If both multishots , the hero's and the dummy's are casted simultaneously it can look like it did double damage. However it will not display red numbers without damage detection system.

Level 20
Detect damage with a Damage Detection System, make the DamageSource deal aditional damage (Unit - Damage target) to the damaged unit using the Dealed Damage (If your critical is x1.75 then you multiply damage dealt by 0.75 and order your unit to deal that damage to the target). All that, in a condition with a random integer or random real for the chance. The rest is just creating the floating text to make it look like a critical. Remember to Turn Off/On the trigger where you deal the damage before/after dealing it, to avoid infinite loop -> crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.