• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Critical error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Can these triggers cause critical error? Started to get critical errors after the last patch, but they don't happen too often.

• Warrior
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Current research level of Warrior for (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to 1
      • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to False
      • ((Dying unit) is A structure) Equal to False
      • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Not equal to Neutral Hostile
    • Actions
      • Set UnitKiller = (Killing unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • UnitKiller Not equal to No unit
        • Then - Actions
          • Set WarriorKills[(Player number of (Owner of UnitKiller))] = (WarriorKills[(Player number of (Owner of UnitKiller))] + 1)
        • Else - Actions

• Warrior effect
    • Events
      • Time - Every 310.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Current research level of Warrior for (Picked player)) Equal to 1
              • ((Picked player) slot status) Equal to Is playing
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Add (WarriorKills[(Player number of (Picked player))] x 1) to (Picked player) Current gold
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Picked player))) the text: ((String(WarriorKills[(Player number of (Picked player))])) + gold Recieved for unit kills in the last 5 minutes.|r)
              • Set WarriorKills[(Player number of (Picked player))] = 0
            • Else - Actions
  • Hero killer
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Neutral Hostile
      • (Current research level of Hero Killer for (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to 1
      • ((Owner of (Killing unit)) slot status) Equal to Is playing
    • Actions
      • Set KillingForce = (Player group((Owner of (Killing unit))))
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads +30 above (Dying unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 80.00%, 7.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Hide (Last created floating text) for (All players)
      • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for KillingForce
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.50 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 0.75 seconds
      • Player - Add 30 to (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current gold
      • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_KillingForce)

Level 3
Not really seeing something critical.
Have you other codes which may you may think of be crahsing warcraft?
Is it maybe when a special unit/destructable appears in game? (maybe a corrupted model makes it crash)
I don't think I've added any other trigger in this patch that can cause a crash. No models as well. I'll look some more then and rewise everything i've added recently.

But there must be something in conflict with warcraft conditions which needs to be find out.
Try to test and to filter possible bug possibilities. Pay attention on what happens right before the crash, disable triggers -- reduce the gameplay to a minimum until you can isolate the bug source.
Sadly, it doesn't happen that often to effectively test it and figure it out. But i ll try, i've already fixed few critical errors before, but this ones seems to have to obvious reason, even when i pause the game and look around the map.

Is it possible that game crashes because it calculates gold per kill for multiple players at once and the game can't handle it?

Status
Not open for further replies.