• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

crit system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
use a damage detection trigger. for example
  • Damage Detection Initialization
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters (Playable Map Area)
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Trigger - Add (Entering Unit takes damage) to (Damage Detection)
  • Damage Detection
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • <Insert Need Actions>

You can make Critical strike stack by making a condition using loops for example if for every integer a loop between 1 and 6, if the unit has <Insert Item> in inventory integer A, add +<Insert Critical Strike Chance> to a variable. After that, make a condition saying that if a random number between 1 and 100 is lower than your variable, deal Damage Source x <Insert Value>.

Level 15
Simple as crystal, you will learn to seperate attacks from other source of damage. Firstly by making all your abilities like frost nova casted by dummy instead of your main hero.

Secondly, use the trigger from jadegolem for this operation

Thirdly, check if damage source is a hero or not

Fourth Step, now you throw the logic jadegolem suggested and get over with it =X

Level 12
The biggest problem here is that you can't detect the souce of the damage (only the damaging unit). The way I do this is replacing all damaging spells by Acid Bomb with 0.1 dmg and some dummy debuff. In the "Unit - Takes Damage" trigger, I test for the debuff (which, in case of Acid Bomb, is applied directly before the damage), and if it is present, I remove it and damage the unit accordingly by trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.