• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Crit and Thunder (2 questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How can i make a unit ''Miss'' with its attacks And show the ''mis'' art overhead. SO far i got critical strike and it has 10% chance (thats miss %) do deal x0.01 so it deals 0 dmg.

Next:
I want my tower to attack using the chain lightning/forked lightning/chimerae/thunder eagle art...etc..etc..
though when i try using it, no art appears at all. purge art is my ''lightning'' so far but id like the chim lightning

ty for any help.

Level 5
For the miss bit, what I did when I wanted that was to have all units have 100% evasion, and have 90% critical strike, with the "never miss" checked.
It would then display damage as well, and I could change a unit's accuracy, which was useful.

Level 6
if you want a unit to hae a lightning as attack animation, you should look how it is done for untis already having that. i recall that there is one big ugly beast that shot lightnings at my hero a few times...

when i looked at it in the editor i wa ssurprised. it did not have a lightning as bullet, but a lightningball. that was not what i had suspected. but then i found the solution: it has an ability that gives it a 'lightning effect' whenever it attacks. in that ability the attack anim is hidden.

so, you simply have to take that ability, choose the correct lightning and then add it to your unit.
thats all.

and to the miss: maybe you could just take course, set it to 10%miss and no other effects, setting it's duration to 0 (means unlimited in we). then use a dumym and cast it onto the tower/unit when it gets cosntructed/placed.

that should do the trick.

- Raszul

Status
Not open for further replies.