• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crimson Knight RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Features:
  • Brand new unique leveling system
  • Weapon skills
  • Class skills
  • One basic hero type (but it works trust me)
Attachment items (helms/armor/weapons show up on the hero)
[/list]
Pics coming soon!

Terrain - 30%
units - 50%
triggers - 80%
Items - 70%
Quests - 0%
Everything else - 90%

Beta coming very very soon.

I prefer to keep it a secret. It's really great though. When it comes out I honestly think it might change the way RPGs are made.

Way to be humble.

Seriously, you can't be bragging about something like that. Maybe VGSatomi or Septimus or any other seasoned mapper could boast like that. Plus, for a guy who has 1 single class, and is too lazy to test out multiple classes, I can't really say how "epic" your map could be.

Level 6
So far there are going to be at least 10 classes.
  • Dark Knight
  • Paladin
  • Rogue
  • Bandit
  • Mage
  • Cleric
  • Monk
  • Necromancer
  • White Knight
  • Destroyer
along with weapon skills including:
  • Longswords
  • Short Swords
  • Claws
  • Axes
  • Spears
  • Blunt weapons
  • Staves
All of these I have so far. Unfortunately, the original date of this friday is going to be hard to pull since I'm also working full time this week. So, hopefully it will be ready by friday, but more likely it will be sometime next week.

Level 6
Ran into a problem. The map kept crashing and my attempts to fix said crash did not do anything sooo I have officially restarted. Luckily, with newgen I was able to keep object and trigger data, so I just have to finish those up and redo terrain.

Edit:
Due to this above problem, and the fact that no one seems to know how to fix the problem or have been quiet about it, I have since scrapped the map even though it was incredibly close to beta...like only days worth of work. If anyone can tell me how to fix it I will gladly continue work on it, however I have taken the ideas from it and am now working on a similar rpg based on star wars using an upgraded version of the old leveling system, a turn-based battle system, and (eventually) a mercenary system. So in the end it will be a mix of KOTOR and Final Fantasy (1-10). Anyone interested in helping perhaps please message me on here or on Azeroth at Amish_KOTP.

Last edited:
Level 6
I have figured out what was wrong. What happened was there was a corrupt model in the map that was making it crash. I believe the problem has been solved as me and a friend have been playing it for the last hour or so and no crashes at all.

Sooo, work on beta is back up and there should be a beta very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.