• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creeps to use abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hai!
I have made a WoW-instance-like map with mobs and bosses etc. My problem is that the bosses doesnt use thier abilities. Only one boss uses a ability based on fan of knives, but the others dont, in this case modded War Stomp, Aerial Shackles, Shadow Stike.
How do i make them use thier spells? Triggers? Pls help!

Thnx in advance!

Level 7
You could simply make the bosses cast their spells through triggers. That's the way I make dynamic bosses.

Level 3
Ofc not :D I really suck at triggering, and i cant find any action that involves a order to cast a custom spell...

Level 3
No.. OK so i have 3 bosses, the 1st have Shadow Strike, the 2nd have War Stomp and the 3rd have Fan of Knives and Aerial Shackles.
BUT! The 1st and 2nd boss doesn't use thier abilities at all, but the 3rd does use his Fan of Knifes but not the Aerial Shackles... Why?

(All i have done to the abilities is change damage values and names, no triggers)

Level 6
well you don't really have a function to cast your custom spells because abilities are ordered by their commandstrings.

unit - order with no target -> unit - order <boss> to nightelf warden fanofknives
or
unit - order with no target -> unit - order <boss> to orc taurenchieftain warstomp
or
unit - order with unit target -> unit - order <boss> to nightelf warden shadowstrike <attacking unit>

Status
Not open for further replies.