• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating Custom Sound Sets

Level 4
Creating Custom Sound Sets
By:Jogan

In this tutorial i will use Audacity, The Spongebob model and a Spongebob Audio clips website

Creating The Sounds

Going to a Spongebob Audio clips website pick any file there and download it(Right click and chose save target as). Then go in to Audacity, and open your new file you downloaded. It should show up and down motions that look like someones heartbeat.Click the ► or the play button. Find out what part of that audio clip you want, then highlight it,(just like highlighting text), then hit Ctrl+V. Then click File>New. After that click Ctrl+C. Your audio clip should appear. Click ► on this file. If it has more in it then you wanted try to find the extra audios beggining and its end.Then highlight from the beggining point(of the extra audio only!!!) to the end point of the extra audio. Then click delete. If theres more extra audio repeat. To undo an action click Ctrl+Z.

After you finish editing it save the file as a warcraft sound set,(Go to File>Export as WAV),Example:GnollPissed1. Even if your doing spongebob save it as something like GnollPissed1!(dont do SpongebobPissed1 IT WONT WORK!!!!)then create sounds for the rest of his actions.(Save them all to the same folder)

Heres a list of all the actions from a sound set. (Im using gnoll)

Note if you use gnoll you wont be able to use the gnoll sound set in the game you import the files in.)

GnollPissed1
GnollPissed2
GnollPissed3
GnollPissed4
GnollYes1
GnollYes2
GnollYes3
GnollYesAttack1
GnollYesAttack2
GnollYesAttack3
GnollWhat1
GnollWhat2
GnollWhat3
GnollReady1

Importing The Sound Set
1.Open Warcraft World Editor
2.Open Your Game
3.Go into Import Manager
4.Click File>Import Files
5.Select the folder you put the sound set in
6.Import the files
7.Change the path from (example) warcraft3imported/gnollpissed1 to Units/Creeps/GnollPissed1.
8. Continue to change the files to their correct format, example Units/Creeps/GnollPissed1
9.Go into your (example) Spongebob Unit, and change it's sound set to (example) Gnoll

For my Spongebob Soundset go Here
(it says that it causes errors but that means it replaces files if you import them, please note it only replaces in the one map you are edititng)
You Should be all set!!!
:infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 36
This entire tutorial has already been covered by our Site Founder Ralle, here in the World Editor General FAQ http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7239

You ALWAYS search to make sure that someone hasn't already done your tutorial, so that you aren't wasting your time. The Hive really doesn't have any use for multiple tutorials of the same thing as far as I know...

Your tutorial is about as detailed as Ralle's, and since has been around for more than a year, and the fact that he's the chief admin, I think his wins.

If you were willing to cover a tutorial area that has not already been done (make sure you search first) then go right ahead! Make sure to be as detailed as possible, and to include screens if you can.

Level 32
This entire tutorial has already been covered by our Site Founder Ralle, here in the World Editor General FAQ http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7239

You ALWAYS search to make sure that someone hasn't already done your tutorial, so that you aren't wasting your time. The Hive really doesn't have any use for multiple tutorials of the same thing as far as I know...
Correct.

Thread moved to Graveyard.