• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating buildable gates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone, I have a problem concerning the new world editor.

I am currently making a large RTS game with several custom races and I am wanting to add constructable gates and have tried a couple methods from the forums here on hive, and they have worked in the past. One in particular mentioned using the "summon Sea Elemental" ability as a base for opening/closing triggers. The reforged editor will not allow me to set "summoned units" to 0 it always resets to 1. I also tried using "metamorphosis" but it just crashes. I never had this issue in classic.

Is there an alternative way to made functional gates?

Thanks for any help!

Side note: I have been playing around with the editor for 9+ years and know most of its functions so feel free to get as technical as you want.

Level 21
Out of curiousity, how did this ever work with summon sea elemental? - is it just used as a dummy ability for replacement? (why not simply use modified channel for this?!)

At any rate, bear form always worked for me.

Level 2
Out of curiousity, how did this ever work with summon sea elemental? - is it just used as a dummy ability for replacement? (why not simply use modified channel for this?!)

At any rate, bear form always worked for me.
Yes, using it as a dummy ability with no mana cost or summoned unit.

Could you explain how you used bear?

Level 9
I would like to try using bear form but i would need to see the proper triggers.

You would need no triggers with Bear Form. Just set the Closed Gate as a base form and the Open Gate as an alternate form, and it will toggle correctly.

Add the Bear Form ability to both units, and make sure the Open Gate unit has no pathing map.

If the gate model has the appropriate animations, you will also be able to see the door swing open animation when activating Bear Form.

Status
Not open for further replies.