• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating an effect on unit creation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I was wondering if someone could help walk me through how to make a drop pod effect when a unit is trained. I've tried looking off the MULE, Merc building, and some of the merc units but have failed to figure out how to do it. Thx to anyone who tries to help me out.

Level 7
Forgot to mention I would like it without a trigger so that it saves space for other triggers. Thx for trying to help though Rispetto. It may also help if I mention that there is a drop pod model which I've assigned to a specific actor but I need help linking the actor or model to the actual unit.

Ehh linking models and actors always confused me.. I don't quite get that just yet.
As for the triggering, wish I coulda helped. Triggers always did the job for me. Also they don't take up that much space .. if you would like me to create a quick map and do the trigger for you, just ask. You can copy + paste between maps in the GE (woot blizzard thought of that, at least)

Edit: Also make sure that your Liberty Campaign and Liberty Story dependencies are on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.