• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating a Merc-Style Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
First time using the editor, I figured it may be fun to set up a basic 'test' map where I could practice 2 basic ideas- spawning units and creating endless merc spawning. Spawning units may be the easist of the two, but for the life of me I can't get through the pile of variables to figure out how to make a custom unit, or to edit the mercernary abilities o,o MEDIC!

Level 5
I did a look over the tutorials. I dunno why, but something just isn't clicking >,< First off, when I copy a unit (all of it) the model for said unit turns into a orb thingy, and secondly, I can't find a reference for removing the limit on the Mercernarie's drop ability anywhere with my digging.

Level 5
I did, I looked over the unit Data Field Tutorial, and it helped at the least for making a test unit (Bloodhoof Marine Corps, a mercernary version of the Tauren Marine.) Aditionally, I fix'd the problems of the model not working since I posted last. I just can't figure out the limit option of the merc ability and how to transfer the data into my unit without having to copy the merc unit. :eekani:

Level 5
Sorry but that was just too funny to me to resist.

Aw come on, ya gotta give me some credit, I fix'd most the major probs in the unit by myself. Plus I didn't find the tutorial helped much, if anything all the words made it even more confusing >,>; Still, at present I got the working test unit, but all I need to do currently to make it complete is:

-Make it a build order for it
-Make it merc-style dropping
-Add in the Tauren Marine speech that got left out copying the unit for some odd reason
-Removing charge limits from the rest of the merc infantry.

At least, that's what I narrowed my problems to at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.