1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Creating a Merc-Style Unit

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Modding' started by dragon_kid, Sep 27, 2010.

1. dragon_kid

dragon_kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    First time using the editor, I figured it may be fun to set up a basic 'test' map where I could practice 2 basic ideas- spawning units and creating endless merc spawning. Spawning units may be the easist of the two, but for the life of me I can't get through the pile of variables to figure out how to make a custom unit, or to edit the mercernary abilities o,o MEDIC!

2. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    First of all, you should read the tutorials. Second, study the way Mercs are summoned in the campaign. Yes, you can open Campaign maps.

Anyway, study, and use your brain to find good ways to make it work.

3. dragon_kid

dragon_kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did a look over the tutorials. I dunno why, but something just isn't clicking >,< First off, when I copy a unit (all of it) the model for said unit turns into a orb thingy, and secondly, I can't find a reference for removing the limit on the Mercernarie's drop ability anywhere with my digging.

4. gT.ReD

gT.ReD

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Read the tutorials, don't just look over them. ;)

5. dragon_kid

dragon_kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did, I looked over the unit Data Field Tutorial, and it helped at the least for making a test unit (Bloodhoof Marine Corps, a mercernary version of the Tauren Marine.) Aditionally, I fix'd the problems of the model not working since I posted last. I just can't figure out the limit option of the merc ability and how to transfer the data into my unit without having to copy the merc unit. :eekani:

6. Darkness-4ever

Darkness-4ever

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry but that was just too funny to me to resist.

7. dragon_kid

dragon_kid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Aw come on, ya gotta give me some credit, I fix'd most the major probs in the unit by myself. Plus I didn't find the tutorial helped much, if anything all the words made it even more confusing >,>; Still, at present I got the working test unit, but all I need to do currently to make it complete is:

-Make it a build order for it
    -Make it merc-style dropping
    -Add in the Tauren Marine speech that got left out copying the unit for some odd reason
    -Removing charge limits from the rest of the merc infantry.

At least, that's what I narrowed my problems to at the very least.