• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Creating an ability with no cast timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Berserk, Defend, Divine Shield, Immolation

Or modify your other MS granting ability to use Speed Potion instead of Wind Walk.

Level 2
If you want to base it off other abilities you could always set the animation cast point of the unit to 0 so that it instantly casts spells (and for spells that you do want it to take time/channel you could just set a cast time or follow through timer on it).

And if you want it to continue moving you could use the new mouse click event added in the new patches.

e.g. Save the location where the player last clicked. After an ability has been cast, order unit to move to clicked location - this makes it continue doing what it was doing before it the spell was used :)

If you want to base it off other abilities you could always set the animation cast point of the unit to 0 so that it instantly casts spells (and for spells that you do want it to take time/channel you could just set a cast time or follow through timer on it).

And if you want it to continue moving you could use the new mouse click event added in the new patches.

e.g. Save the location where the player last clicked. After an ability has been cast, order unit to move to clicked location - this makes it continue doing what it was doing before it the spell was used :)
That would work, but the bad thing is it would work on all spells the unit cast, so probably not the most efficient way to handle such a problem,since I need only 1 spell that wouldn't require a cast timer.

I don't use newer patches for some reason. I'm stuck with patch 1.29

Status
Not open for further replies.