• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Create Units-How to detect when skipping cinematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys, I promise i searched the forum with key words trying to solve this issue before posting here.

Essentially, I am starting to make cinematic on my maps skipable. While I have no issues with the tutorials explaining how to make cinematic skipable, I have an issue understanding how to add "create unit" triggers into the "killswitch" trigger that has the list of actions to play when the cinematic is skipped. After checking the blizzard cinematic in the original campaign, i have found that mostly they would use hide/unhide to avoid this issue, and if they did need to skip cinematic that included "create unit" triggers, they were ending cinematic so it did not matter.

While i am going to rewrite some "create unit" triggers in my past cinematic as simply hide/unhide, there are some that i really cannot do, so i wanted to know how to deal with 'create unit' triggers in my cinematic to avoid them being played x2.

That is, it will not matter to a hide/unhide trigger if it is replayed again in the "killswitch" skip cinematic trigger, but if a "create unit" trigger is replayed, it will in theory create another unit if the cinematic was skipped after the "create unit" trigger was "played".

If there is no "easy" way around this, then I can try to create the units in that moment when the cinematic opening has faded out, but before the cinematic are skipable, and just hide them, to avoid this. But it makes scenes where units come out of portals very complicated, since the "create unit" triggers are spaced out so they can all come out "be created" in front of the portal in the exact same place haha.

I can try to explain more clearly if this does not make sense.
Anyway, thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.