• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Create Unit, Move Unit and Make Unit Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I want to create a unit at a point and make it fly.

• Unit - Turn collision for (Last created unit) Off
  • Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to M_Point[M_Int]
  • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Last created unit)
  • Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to (R_FlyingHeight[2] + (Default flying height of (Last created unit))) at 10000.00
  • Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Last created unit)
It gets created and all, it ignores collision and gets moved no matter what, but it won't fly... Why?

Level 23
ow lol yea thats right, I even wrote it but then I thought eh...thats surly wrong, and deleted it

maybe try printing the last created unit's name, if it even exists
also try printing the R_FlyingHeight[2] + (Default flying height of (Last created unit)) to make sure its something > 0

if neither of that is wrong, I am clueless

Level 7
ow lol yea thats right, I even wrote it but then I thought eh...thats surly wrong, and deleted it

maybe try printing the last created unit's name, if it even exists
also try printing the R_FlyingHeight[2] + (Default flying height of (Last created unit)) to make sure its something > 0

if neither of that is wrong, I am clueless

R_FlyingHeight[2] is predefined in startup and works well in multiple triggers.

Level 13
I'm not sure, but the arithmetic might be causing a problem, try setting that to a real variable and then plugging it in.

I can't imagine, but maybe add and remove crow form before changing the height.

EDIT: I'm not sure why your trigger isn't working, I just did the exact same thing and it seems to work properly

Level 33
It's formula is Speed = Distance / Time
Speed = Rate
Distance = Height

This is what you got;
10000.00 = R_FlyingHeight[2] / Time
Time = R_FlyingHeight[2] / 10000.00

For example, your R_FlyingHeight[2] is 300,
Time = 300 / 10000.00
Time = 0.03s

Everything worked fine when I tested this formula, perhaps something wrong with your setup or Object Editor error ?

Status
Not open for further replies.