• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Create unique ability

Level 17
I want to make unit use it's own item in the actions.
But item have a Berserk ability and we have a few heroes with Berserk ability. Can i create "unique" instant cast ability that will not conflict with any of the abilties in the game?

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Keep in mind, Channels "Instant" is not the same as Berserk's "Instant" functionality. In Channels case it just means that the ability doesn't Target a Unit or Point. Berserk being Instant means that it doesn't interrupt Orders.

Level 12
One more question for the make sure.
If i will create 2 channel abilities with the same OrderID, it will never conflicts?
They would conflict if one unit has both abilities, but otherwise you can tell them apart by the abilityID.

When a unit has two abilities with the same orderID, lets say fireball and stormbolt were set to the same orderID, then when I tell the unit use storm-bolt the unit gets told to use that orderID, but the unit doesn't know if it should fireball or stormbolt because they are the same. So it does one of them randomly that isn't on cooldown and that you have the resources to use.

Each unit needs each of the orderIDs of its abilities to be unique.

Level 17
But i have a lot of abilities and i have to create item with "unique" ability. It was a super easy if i try to create hero skill. I will use only 1 orderID for the Hero. But it is item and lot of heroes can buy and use this.

Ok then let me ask my "exact" question. How can i make Soul Burn ability can be stacked?

Level 6
about the berserk question

if you want a berserk-like ability (+atk speed +move speed.....) then you can create an item with any non-target base skill that does nothing (roar? scroll of healing with 0 healing?) then use a dummy unit to cast a modified bloodlust on the item user

about the soul burn: any time i want a spell to stack N times, i create N variations of that spell (one for each stack amount) and then just cast the stronger version each time the spell would stack (might need to remove the weak spell by triggers before casting the stronger)

Last edited: