• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

create items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
how i can create items during the game like dota
eg: my hero has 1 item and get a new item and then the outcome of this is a new better item
(boots+glove of haste=power treats)

Level 3
Triggering. Its hard if you don't know much about it, like myself. However I can try to give you an idea of how it might work.

I don't know off the top of my head, but let's say you want hero to get Blue shield and Red shield to have them combine and become Purple shield. In the trigger you would have to set Blue shield to integer variable 1, Red shield = 2, and Purple = 3. Now you have them 'labeled' for the trigger.

Next, you must include a code stating when your hero has both items in his inventory, take those two items out and place the third item in his inventory instead. "Unit (triggering unit)" means any hero that will trigger the effect of having blue sh. and red sh.

So it would be something like
Condition: Unit (triggering unit) inventory Blue Sh. = true, Red Sh. = true.
Action: Remove Item Red Sh. and Blue Sh. from inventory. Place Item Purple sh. in triggering units inventory.
Then one final command to let the trigger know its done i think. Again I can barely even call myself a beginner at triggering, but from studying other triggers I gathered this much about item combination.

Level 13
Hmm.. this is frequently noob question. I can't give you the exact trigger, but here the simple algorithm:

supposed a + b + scroll = c

Events
Unit acquire an item.

Conditions
Triggering unit has item a, and
Triggering unit has item b, and
Triggering unit has item scroll

Actions
Drop item a from triggering unit
Remove last dropped item
Drop item b from triggering unit
Remove last dropped item
Drop item scroll from triggering unit
Remove last dropped item
Create item c and give it to triggering unit
Create special effect on triggering unit bla.. bla.. bla..

@VGSatomi: Maybe you should add this FAQ on Triggering FAQ sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.