• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Create a custom passive ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So my whole idea is pretty much to make a class ability passive with various bonus.

For example: i want a hero ( a warrior) to start the game with "warrior class" ability which would give him a permanent passive of +300 hp +5 defence and +15% attack speed.

My question here is how can i make such ability?

Level 3
Mind explaining how do i automatically hidden ability and add to hero ?

the abilities you make of item abilities are not shown in ability buttons though have a permanent effect as long as you do not remove them

Pointless ability.

wouldn't agree...what if you have several hero units with different basic stats and then you can choose a "class" for them? and there are several classes each giving different bonuses? i mean there is a point in having that kind of ability not to modify every unit every time, isn't it?

Level 2
This is for pure roleplaying point of view. I just want each class to have a passive "talent". Something that separate them from other and improuve as they level up.

Level 3
i believe for that you would need to create a "blank" passive ability to show your unit stats...and several abilities (based on items) to give you those stats...then add those item abilities via triggers to the unit that learn the "class" ability then you need to modify those item abilities (lvl them up) each time the hero lvls up the class ability to give the hero more stats

Level 2
Yes i did everything already. The ability is done so are the trigger thanks again for the help :p
Edit : It seems the item passive from pendant of health doesn't want to level up with trigger. The armor and health regen work perfectly but this one refuse to increase the lvl of the ability.
Even did some test like.
- map init > add ability > wait 5sec > increase ability to 2 > wait 5 sec > increase ability to 3 and doesn't work either.
Edit 2 : Guess i'll just do like a remove ability and add ability next lvl then.

Edit 3 : Remove / add ability was the solution but still it was wierd as armor item and health regen one worked perfectly

Last edited:
Level 24
My statement remains, an ability is pointless. You can add attributes with triggers.
false.
An ability can be used as classification.
Is this unit a warrior or is it a mage?
Add a dummy ability MAGE to the mages and add a dummy ability WARRIOR to the warriors.
Works.
That is the easiest way to detect the primary attribute of a hero.
You just add the proper ability in the object editor just as classification.
Also... you cant add attack speed, health or armor via triggers.
You need abilities.

So having 100 str (which grants HP + damage) rather than 100 agility (which grants movementspeed + damage) is not a visible difference enough? I'm out.
really?

Also, you can hide abilities by placing them inside a spellbook.
Then you add the spellbook to the unit instead.
The spellbook must be disabled to the player. (preferably all players)

Edit : It seems the item passive from pendant of health doesn't want to level up with trigger. The armor and health regen work perfectly but this one refuse to increase the lvl of the ability.
Do you have JNGP. (That allows vJASS.)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
In my book this is the easiest/best way to determine:
qznn8y.png

100 str? I wonder which class I am! I bet I am a priest for sure! Not to mention that a clicked on a button that said "Dragon Knight" but that must have been a bug!

And this priest good really cool skills too! "Dragon Strike", "Impale" and "Mount Dragon" This class is totally unique!

Unless you're running some code the wipes out human memory and intellect I still fail to see why it would be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.