• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

create a 3 individual standard attacks or spell that has 2 more attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
imagine a battle tank, where it has 3 different weapons, the heavy attack, machine gun on top, and the sub machine gun in front, what I want is that each weapon attacks individually, not together. is it possible to create this?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
People often use the Phoenix Fire ability to achieve something like this. That's what all of the weapons in those Battle Tanks games use.

But there's no way to add an actual Weapon to a unit beyond the starting 2. You could always trigger the mechanics of a new weapon though, using timers and some kind of missile system.

Level 4
People often use the Phoenix Fire ability to achieve something like this. That's what all of the weapons in those Battle Tanks games use.

But there's no way to add an actual Weapon to a unit beyond the starting 2. You could always trigger the mechanics of a new weapon though, using timers and some kind of missile system.
Is it possible to see how the script works? I would like to add in my mod what I'm doing.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Search Hive for any missile system. For the other script I don't think one exists but you could search for that as well.

Off the top of my head I would do something like:
  • On unit creation start a repeating timer that runs every X seconds, where X is the weapon's attack cooldown.
  • The Callback for the timer will look for nearby enemies in range and then fire a missile(s) at them.
  • If the unit dies then Pause/Destroy the timer. If it's a Hero, Resume/Recreate the timer when it revives.
  • For multiple weapons, you'll need multiple timers and callback functions.

Issues:
- Attack speed increase/reduction would have no interaction with the weapon's timer (atk cooldown) unless you coded it to do so. This means that your entire map would need to be designed around this system if you wanted this interaction to work. So Bloodlust, Cripple, Slow, etc. would all need to be coded to interact with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.