• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Crafting a Stronghold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
well, i thought about something different:

A map, where the player controls a little acropolis or a little hill surrounded by walls as govenor. He has a number of empty houses where he can recruit shopkeepers to make inns, stables, barracks, shops, farms etc...

all this work can be dome with ultimate terrain map

Level 7
But there has to be some sort of eventual goal. Like, do the attacks end after a period of time, or are you striving to have an economy better than the other people in the game?

Are the players doing the attacking, or are the computers?

Level 8
This map sounds like real fun to me, i always thought that there should be more of these maps.

Here are som ideas for goal:
1.First to reach a certain economy or build a speciel building/unit
2. Survive for an amount of time
3. Kill a big bad boss
4. Defeat the other players, or cooperative to achevieve the other goals.

Things to have in map:
1. Sabotage! Nothing like ruining others lifework!
2. Defence against sabotage. No way they are gonna ruin mine too!
3. Advanced techtree in the way af picking game choice, you could have a normal medieval village, a city dominated by mages, maybe a haunted city filled with ghosts and necromancers(yay!). Make choices! People love that.
4. Be sure to be fun! Not making the entire game to spongebob game, but make some hidden achievements and funny buildings!
5. Big upragdes! Nothing like seeing a whole town become better in one upgrade, it could be another age, or an upgragde of the city defense.

Hope you can use some of the ideas. :smile:

Level 4
this would be cool..

play the game stronghold for tips.. i like my games to have a strong focus on peacefull things like looking after your population as well as a good mix of war related objectives.

if you go to far to the peace side you get a sim game to much to war and its medieval total war or something similar..

but if you find a good balance i think this map could be really great and certainly on a top list of maps that i would host.

love adzy

Status
Not open for further replies.