• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Counter Helix and BC fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello, it's me here again, this time I need your help to solve the problem with 2 skills of a dota hero "AXE"
First: the Counter helix spell has only one flaw that I was able to notice, what happens is that when an ally puts a buff on you (for example: Shaman's Thirst for Blood) he automatically cleans himself of that buff and loses it when he spins, just like that other buffs are either negative or positive for him.
With the following spell that is GRITO DE GUERRA (in SpaniSh) it has a flaw that occurs from time to time, it happens that when you execute it on enemy units it should add X armor to the hero according to the level but as I said before there are times that it does not add armor, it just taunts enemy units to attack him but doesn't add additional armor, and the other flaw is that there are times when after the spell ends, the armor stays permanently on the hero until it's cast again the spell.
And one more thing, I'm not sure but I would also like if you could make both skills not cause memory leaks.

Attachments

• Helix & WARCRY.w3x
    33.5 KB · Views: 5
Level 12
I made counter helix for you from scratch with comments added. You can modify chance, damage, area of effect, special effect and change unit filtering if you want to. There was a thread not too long ago about creating taunt spells, you should check that out :)

• Counter Helix
    • Events
      • Game - DamageEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Counter Helix for DamageEventTarget) Greater than 0
      • (DamageEventTarget belongs to an enemy of (Owner of DamageEventSource).) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • -------- Caster --------
      • Set VariableSet CounterHelix_Caster = DamageEventTarget
      • -------- Setting up chance --------
      • Set VariableSet CounterHelix_Chance = (8 + ((Level of Counter Helix for DamageEventTarget) x 2))
      • -------- Setting up damage --------
      • Set VariableSet CounterHelix_Damage = (100.00 + ((Real((Level of Counter Helix for CounterHelix_Caster))) x 25.00))
      • -------- Setting up location --------
      • Set VariableSet CounterHelix_Loc = (Position of CounterHelix_Caster)
      • -------- Getting AoE --------
      • Set VariableSet CounterHelix_AoE = 200.00
      • -------- Setting up damage group --------
      • Set VariableSet CounterHelix_Group = (Units within CounterHelix_AoE of CounterHelix_Loc.)
      • -------- Filtering units and dealing damage --------
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in CounterHelix_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False
              • ((Picked unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False
              • ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
              • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of CounterHelix_Caster).) Equal to True
              • ((Picked unit) is invulnerable) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- Playing animation --------
              • Animation - Play CounterHelix_Caster's spin animation
              • -------- Effect --------
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Orc\Orcblood\BattrollBlood.mdl
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
              • -------- Damage --------
              • Unit - Cause CounterHelix_Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing CounterHelix_Damage damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
              • -------- This just filters out unwanted units --------
              • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from CounterHelix_Group.
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_CounterHelix_Loc)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_CounterHelix_Group)

Level 9
I tried to do everything you put but it still doesn't deal AoE damage and it doesn't do the spin either.
From the map that I sent at the beginning it works, but I don't know if you could fix the counter helix ability so that when the hero does his spin he doesn't lose all his effects. By effects I mean, for example, the bloodlust of the orc shaman, or the infamous rage of the orc fel warlock.

Attachments

• Ch new.w3x
    35.6 KB · Views: 7
Level 12
Here just paste the trigger to your map from this :)

My version does not interact with buffs, since it just plays the animation for the unit.

You should try to check out if some other triggers intervene with this trigger then.

Attachments

• CounterHelix.w3m
    60.8 KB · Views: 11
Level 12
Oh yeah delete the 2 disabled variables (they are just test variables) from the damage engine trigger it's disabled in your testmap and secondly just change the animation to spin instead of walk stand walk spin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.