• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Corrupted Information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I have been working on this map of mine called "Saren's Random Unit Arena".

The premise is a Random Unit Arena where there is no "custom" units. And what I mean by that is no units I personally made myself.. units everyone will know and recognizes. So I imported units from the campaign.. etc. Like Menag, Slave Master..

That was a.. months ago or something. Now I've been going back through the levels to find units I missed or custom items since I didn't look for those. Now while at the 6th Level of the Human WC3 Reign of Chaos Campaign, Interlude.. I get a bunch of crazy stuff.

There's a bunch of random units that have no name.. there is a miniature tower called "Lord Uther?"

There's a Doom Guard called: "He came to me before he left. I pleaded with him not to go. I told him it sounded like a trap!" His spells are also a bit strange since he has slow and unholy aura. There's a flying Acolyte called "The Prophet" who does 100 damage, a priest with no name who has 1 health and 10,000 mana.. and a bunch of heroes with seemingly random models and no name.

Like a Night Elf Archer hero with Searing Arrows, Holy Light, and Rain of Fire..

or a Revenant Hero with Chain Lightning, Divine Shield, Brilliance Aura, and Death and Decay..

Now... the four questions I have:

1. What is this?

2. Did Blizzard make this? (Since the premise of my map is.. you could pretty much summarize it as "Random Blizzard Units")

3. Is this corrupted data?

4. Should I put this into my map?

Thanks in advance!

Level 4
I just saw it i founded this kinda funny and i think it is more blizzard's fun than corrupted data ;)

Well I hope that's true. :p Then I'll add the units to the map. It wouldn't be the only "fun units" they put in.

There was a lightning Chimera seal I found named "Belanova" that had 50 health and shot lightning.. Largest Panda Ever unit.. two Dreadlords name "Joe" and "John" or so. However, generally units have names and these don't which is the only thing that bothers me.. then again it is a cinematic level so they don't really need names.

Level 4
I truly thinkk this is Blizzard shenanigans ;)
Anyway try them in a sandbox but it seems it isn't broken nor corrupt data.

Well, one last question then before I say it is Blizzard shenanigans..

Before I opened this map I had a similar occurence where there were lots of blank item names in a WC3 campaign map .. the one before the interlude, level 6. There were blank item names but besides that they seemed the same. In addition, I also see in the custom spells area there are spells which are named "Unknown (A00M)"

Could anyone open the Human 06Interlude, Reign of Chaos to see if they have the same blank heroes I am describing? If we both see this then I know it's not just my version. :p

Ya could even do it if you want, Malhorne. Would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Just checked and the Unknown spells I think were not originally a part of the map but it does seem the heroes are.

Status
Not open for further replies.