• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Corrupted file data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
sGpyfpu
This warning always shows up when i click Thrall or Cairne and i dont know what to do to fix it.

Level 39
Have you imported a custom texture for the Thrall model? If not then it sounds like that particularly texture in the game file is corrupted. You could try extracting the basic Thrall .blp file from a CASC or MPQ (depending on your version of wc3 right now it could be either) and reimporting it as units\Orc\Thrall\Thrall.blp to see if that fixes it.

Level 39
Can you please post the map here as an attachment so I can see if it crashes for me? If you haven't imported a custom model or skin (that's what I meant by texture) that Thrall or Cairne are using then it honestly sounds like your game install is corrupted in some way. I would uninstall and reinstall wc3, then update by going on Battle.net (it will probably be updated automatically if you're using the downloadable game installers from the Blizzard store, but just to be safe).
war3.mpq
War3Patch.mpq
War3x.mpq
War3xlocal.mpq
Yes those are the file archives that I was talking about. They are what hold all the default model files, textures, icons, UI elements, etc. for the game so that you don't have to redownload that data as part of every map that uses default wc3 data. In recent versions of wc3 the .mpq file format was deprecated and replaced with the .casc file format, which functions essentially the same but requires different tools to view/extract from. This program can view and extract from CASCs, and there are many other MPQ viewers here in the Tools section.

If reinstalling doesn't fix the crash then you can try overwriting the models/textures with one extracted from a non-crashing install and see how that works. I'll post mine if it comes to that. The only reason you wouldn't want to wipe and reinstall now is if you are running an older wc3 patch that you need to use for development for compatibility reasons. Once you update you can't downgrade and finding full installs of previous patches online is time consuming and frustrating. I only say to think about this since you found the mpq files which implies you're on an old patch.

Level 39
would uninstall and reinstall wc3, then update by going on Battle.net ... The only reason you wouldn't want to wipe and reinstall now is if you are running an older wc3 patch that you need to use for development for compatibility reasons.
I get that you're a new user here but... come on dude, at least read our posts and try what we suggest if you're going to ask for help. Your game install is corrupted, reinstall.

Level 39
It should be uninstallable via the basic Windows Add/Remove Programs interface. If you don’t see it there then either something is REAL weird or you ‘installed’ the game by copy-pasting someone else’s install directory. This would also explain why it’s an old patch and you haven’t tried updating via Bnet.

How did you originally install the game, and was it legit or cracked or pirated? If you have a legit CD key you can register the key in the Bizzard store to be able to download the game installers at any time.

If you don’t do this we pretty much can’t help you since you can neither update nor reinstall.

Level 2
This is a newly bought PC and the game is already installed when i got it. But pretty sure its a crack since its a trashy PC

Level 2
Im from the Philipines and if you dont know its a poor country. I bought this PC for 1000 PHP which is only $94.60 according to google. The game is not available in the Blizzard Website and the Reforged is $29.99 which is 1585.10 PHP. I only have an income of 800 PHP a month.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1000 php is ~$20, not 90. I’m amazed you got a computer for that little but I see the necessity. Check your PMs.
They are trash computers that are too old/weak to be useful in more developed countries so are shipped to poorer countries where they still have some value. Since Warcraft III is an old game usually such systems can run it fine. However it might not be able to run more recent versions of Warcraft III, especially seeing how they will soon require 64bit OS and already need at least Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.