• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Coral Razormane

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
VK48jTA.png

"Damn it Karl, not even the description can stop you too?"

Disclaimer: There is no disclaimer really, aside the fact if you ask him where's eyes. The answer is Daredevil logic.

The ocean is pissed, they want their tuna to pass the thumb door yet the gatekeeper was sleeping like no tomorrow. It patience has gone off and it sends the champion and now you will pay him by long length of reviews.

They don't even ask for other 16 peons btw, just tuna should be pleased for them.
Version 1.0
6lBlf29.png
KiaU8JP.png
Credits: ScrewTheTrees for screenshots.
Version 1.1
  • Texture now also fit with Spirit Pig model wraps.
  • Change the small bit of the Razormane texture to match it's coral color.
  • Added teeths behind jaws.
  • Fangs adjusted to cover end bit. (Did you know the fangs are actually tentacles in this skin?)

Tags: Coral, Karl, Razormane, Bristleback, Coral Razormane.
Contents

BTNCoralRazormane (Icon)

Coral Razormane (Texture)

Reviews
Footman16
Here we go with another texture from you Shido, this time with a Sunken Ruins, ocean theme for a unit which again I don't think gets many textures made for it, so let's dive in. The Good: To start off, the detailing and variation is exquisite, you've...
Here we go with another texture from you Shido, this time with a Sunken Ruins, ocean theme for a unit which again I don't think gets many textures made for it, so let's dive in.

The Good:
To start off, the detailing and variation is exquisite, you've got coral, seaweed, bone, purple mottled skin and stony sunken ruin bricks. This creates a very cool and dynamic appearance with the greener/blue shades at the head and chest blending down into the purple skin and then the hotter red and orange tons of the legs and feet and extremities. Tons of detail has been put into this; I particularly love the look of the Sunken Ruins brick, it has been replicated flawlessly. The shading and highlighting is all there and very evocative of Blizzard's own style on certain models. The bone is also coloured very well and generally speaking the skin has your own distinctive style and is of a very high quality.

Areas for Improvement:
If I had to nitpick I'd say the orange circle bits towards the bottom of the legs, I have no idea what that is supposed to be, fish eggs maybe? Other than that there isn't really much else to comment on. Some of the shadowing could be maybe be smoother? But again that's a nitpick.

Conclusion:
Another cool and unique unit that will be great for any Sunken Ruins maps with some Eldritch uses as well possible. The concept is awesome and the texture has been pulled off really well. Therefore, it is easy for me to Approve this!

Level 31
orange circle bits towards the bottom of the legs
1679482069910.png

That is actually the orange part of the coral, to do this skin I have to relying on the actual coral texture provided by Blizzard.
Obviously, I have to paint it a small scale for the sake of visual clarity.

Karl is a Razormane who drowned many years ago before its corpse was touched by a Forgotten One blood, hence explain the purplely skin with dipping their color as well as their dark purple bits.