• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Copying difficulties with triggers and abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey there,
I'm trying to C/P abilities and triggers from tutorials across to my map but neither have worked. I do have "Automatically create unknown variables whilst pasting trigger data" turned on, I'm not sure why this is happened or what I've done differently but I used to be able to do it but now I'm trying to do it again it goes out the window.
-To clerify no ability or trigger is imported
-When I copy an ability and open up my other map it doesn't even show the paste icon, I have even tried using ctrl + v to no success.

All thanks in advance.

Level 4
Clipboard? I presume you mean Keyboard, if so I think you're right that may be the problem as I allowed someone else to try it for me and it worked for them, but if I try and copy and paste anything else it works so who knows

Level 9
NO. Clipboard is what C/P is saved into that. NOT KEYBOARD. Clipboard

I have the same statement as this.
Anyway...
Try restarting your computer.
Also, don't CLOSE THE MAP when you're copying a trigger and ability; have both maps open.
1. Open the map you want to copy something from.
2. Copy the trigger/ability.
3. Open the map you want the ability/trigger copied to. (DO NOT CLOSE THE LAST MAP YOU OPENED.)
4. Paste! If ability, you need Object editor as the main window. If trigger, then trigger window must be the main.

Status
Not open for further replies.