• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Copy Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello. I have a very important question.

I know that in WE you can select and copy groups of objects, terrain, doodads... but is it possible to rotate them?

To make myself clear, we all know AOS maps, like DoTa. In these maps, one half of the map is a mirror image of the other half, so I was thinking how these maps are made, can I just make 1 half then rotate it 180 degrees and got my other half, or I have to do both manually.

PS: Any suggestions on how to make a AOS terrain is wellcome.

Thank you.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is possible but requires you to script your own toolset for the task as WorldEdit does not support high level terrain editing very well (much like it does not support very low level editing either).

The script would enemurate through half the terrain and place the tile in the other half in a mirror fassion.

Level 3
Thank you. It will be enough, my map won't have standard AoS shape so no diagonal copy is needed.

Thank you...
+REP.

Status
Not open for further replies.