• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Copy SC2 Unit like in WC3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
i tried to copy unit but something always fails,like model path for example
i saw some tutorials but its to complex for just copy and paste :hohum:

is it possible to copy and base unit or do we have to wait for mysterious editor update?

Level 1
What did you copy? Did you just copy the "Unit", and not the "Actor"? If you haven't done that, you'll need to have both a Unit and an Actor for the unit that you're copying, and have them linked.

Level 13
What did you copy? Did you just copy the "Unit", and not the "Actor"? If you haven't done that, you'll need to have both a Unit and an Actor for the unit that you're copying, and have them linked.

what i saw is that when i duplicated unit and marked all some links are broked when copied -.-
( i saw that unit copy is trying to have model path "name of unit" + "copy" )

is it true ?
can it sux so much ?
why cant it be just copy and paste -.-

Edit:

now i duplicated Hydralisk and Ultralisk but only with actor
is something maybe broked,i dont see anything so far :) ?

Level 13
When you are duplicating units, duplicate both the actor and the main unit. Then, go to the actor and change the Unit value at the top to your new unit. Rename them, and there you have it, a copypasted unit.
if you wanna make it longer you can always go to hard mode :D

but yeah every mission sould be about 1 hour long and that would make total of 30 hours and you would need about 5 days to finish it :)

suggestion
-decrease number of lights and put moveies to low if you want to watch them
some performances are wrong suggested
for example:
it says suggestion - low but it is set to ultra for some reson -.-

Have been sitting here with the editor since the BETA, what is that, like 4 months now?

Anyway, I haven't understood this bullshit yet, I just want to copy the damn unit, not dublicate it!!!!

Nothing in this forum have explained this yet, ppl are just telling me what I need to do without DIRECTIONS or PICTURES.

You can tell me 100 times to copy the fucking actors and the main unit, but I still have no idea on how to do that or what ur talking about

Is there a tutorial for this shit out there? Haven't found one yet and this problem is huge, made my friends angry as hell and they will probably never enter sc2 editor again, I dont blame them.

I still think the editor sucks, even when trying to understand it for so long time, so frustrating...........

Level 13
Have been sitting here with the editor since the BETA, what is that, like 4 months now?

Anyway, I haven't understood this bullshit yet, I just want to copy the damn unit, not dublicate it!!!!

Nothing in this forum have explained this yet, ppl are just telling me what I need to do without DIRECTIONS or PICTURES.

You can tell me 100 times to copy the fucking actors and the main unit, but I still have no idea on how to do that or what ur talking about

Is there a tutorial for this shit out there? Haven't found one yet and this problem is huge, made my friends angry as hell and they will probably never enter sc2 editor again, I dont blame them.

I still think the editor sucks, even when trying to understand it for so long time, so frustrating...........
left click on unit,than duplicate and than window will open
mark actor and paste
that should be it....

i give :thumbs_down: for the editor because copy and paste shold be copy and paste.....
in the later versins it was even more compley to copy the unit and it just makes me wonder who made the editor

just look at this shit on "Copying a Marine"
http://starcraft.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3806

left click on unit,than duplicate and than window will open
mark actor and paste
that should be it....

i give :thumbs_down: for the editor because copy and paste shold be copy and paste.....
in the later versins it was even more compley to copy the unit and it just makes me wonder who made the editor

just look at this shit on "Copying a Marine"

Holy shit.. that's one helluva tutorial for just copy a unit.. :thumbs_down:

mouse.jpg

Mouse has better skills than you. At least IT KNOWS how to duplicate a unit. THERE! SEE IT? HE'S ABOUT TO DO IT! COPY HIM!

Click the right mouse button and click duplicate x.x

Level 13
lol for the mouse post :D

this is showing that editor makers had some stupid guy
what did they think ????

"oh,why making copy and past simple when we can make it complicated and people will make tutorials about it and learn" -.-
just look at that tutorial,someone actually made such a thing for just "copy and paste" xD
and i guess its fixed in new patch -.-

Level 11
Copying an actor is making your unit the same as the original. Thus why I exclusively copy the actor and unit, if you fix the actor model and change the token value to your copied unit, you will have an exact duplicate, except for the sound set. To fix this, go into Sounds and replace everywhere it says Unitname2 with Unitname.

Don't need a long, overly lengthy tutorial to teach you that. :\

Level 13
Copying an actor is making your unit the same as the original. Thus why I exclusively copy the actor and unit, if you fix the actor model and change the token value to your copied unit, you will have an exact duplicate, except for the sound set. To fix this, go into Sounds and replace everywhere it says Unitname2 with Unitname.

Don't need a long, overly lengthy tutorial to teach you that. :\
but what kind of poison made someone to program editor like that

it changes the orginal links to "orginal link + 2/copy"
at least WC3 editor is not that dump

copy and paste should be copy and paste,other sucks

its like i want to copy a movie and i have to mark that i want to copy its sound too -.-

Level 13
Try reading the FAQ before posting...

Anyway, it does not do that because maybe you want different sounds or want to get it to use something that already exists.

FAQ,im to lazy to do that (maybe i should get use to reading,but i dont feel like posting something really wrong) :thumbs_down: for me anyway xD

anyway...if you want to change something you will change it on copied unit -.-,just as you always did,dint´t you ?

but i guess sometimes you have to be happy with what you have
i dont feel like its that time xD

Status
Not open for further replies.