• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

COOP TD v1.5

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: ORLYowl
Comrades!
How many times have you ever played a TD when you've lost to someone being an asshole stealing all your kills?

Or just tired of Tower Defenses that require you to have played them 5 times before so you know exactly what towers you need to place?

Or tired of leavers ruining your game all the time?
Fear not anymore comrades!

LordDz proudly presents COOP TD:

3 teams compete in building the greatest maze together, where gold per kill is shared, strategic placements of towers, upgrades that are worth it (no more 100gold to increase range by 10) and mazing-with-a-brain is required to win.

Currently there is 40 levels and 4 custom races.

It should be pretty much leakless, but if anyone finds anything.. I'll fix it.
Also, if a player leaves, his control is shared so don't freakout when someone leaves, just be happy.

AI: There is some tiny AI in this map: If you play with computers, or ''none'' these will give you shared control.

Keywords:
Tower Defense, Coop TD, Warcraft III, Septimus loves me, lorddz, sharks, COOP, I gotta pee now.
Contents

COOP TD v1.5 (Map)

Reviews
00:59, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 1
is wave 40 suppose to be killable?
my friends and I managed to kill the damage tester and the map just hangs at wave 41 lol

I tried it single... it's not possible... i think that you kinda messed up the resource icons, you also got to change the one shown at the cost. The idea's good... but i'm somehow having a hard time believing, that the plant, who jhates nail colour, does the damage it says... it couldn't kill lvl 1'ers... only bring them down to 1 life... i suggest improvement... and an AI / testing pals... Any1 want to start a testing group for this 1?

Level 25
Yeah, that's how poison works in wc3. Remember: You get shared control of the two other players if there are no players in their slots/they are computer players.

So if plant makes people go to 1 hp.. put a guy that deals 5 dmg about 30seconds away! ;)

AI won't be in, the purpose of the map is to create a good maze, something that you and your teammates should do, not what something an old computer should say to you.

well, then you could say "-1p Mode" where you can place 10-20 mazing rocks. instead of getting shared control. getting multiple races will create a different gameplay, because you will, as an individual, have acces to 3 times as many structures. it's not the purpose of "the real game" (i mean with other players) i think you gotta scrap that little AI bit, and instead give, e.g. the money owned by the coms to the other players. i'll soon get a friend to play it with me.

Level 25
well, then you could say "-1p Mode" where you can place 10-20 mazing rocks. instead of getting shared control. getting multiple races will create a different gameplay, because you will, as an individual, have acces to 3 times as many structures. it's not the purpose of "the real game" (i mean with other players) i think you gotta scrap that little AI bit, and instead give, e.g. the money owned by the coms to the other players. i'll soon get a friend to play it with me.

Except that by doing that, the player getting all the gold can instantly build a way better tower than what he should be allowed to do , thus creating a hell big unbalance.

And seriously.. Why play it alone, it's called COOP TD, since when was COOP meant for single player? ;)

Level 3
Except that by doing that, the player getting all the gold can instantly build a way better tower than what he should be allowed to do , thus creating a hell big unbalance.
And seriously.. Why play it alone, it's called COOP TD, since when was COOP meant for single player? ;)
First thing i do when i play a new map is try it with a few people or solo.

If the solo experience is good, then I know i will not be wasting my time trying to get a Full house in an unknown map.

I've annoyed a few friends to say the least when i said, hey I got a 50 TD-map-pack, lets go have some fun... Think we found maybe 1 or 2 that were some what fun to play.

If that doesn't convince you, then consider these scenarios:
1) you have 2 people, you can't really play the game
2) you have 3 people, you can play the game with one team in a team-solo style.
-- Or you could have gone 1v1v1 if the option was available.
3) odd number of players 4/5/7/8, everyone says GO OMG GO!!!... Ok you know either all leave or they lose in game... Lose/Lose situation.
-- Or you could have had odd-#-gameplay 2v2, 2v3, 3v2, 3v3v1, 3v3v2.

Level 25
If you have two people, why doesn't one of you just control the third worker?

If you have odd player numbers: the computer slot / none slots are shared to the player in the team.
Hell, being alone in one team can be far greater than being 3 ;) , that way you can build your own maze without any idiot who doesn't understand what mazing is.

Level 6
ok i tried out this map and i got this to say :

-Gameplay was awesome, i love playing as a teamplayer, so this was the TD for me :D
-GJ with the shared bounty, and the overall idea of the game
-also gj with the towers :D

a couple of other things to say :

omg this game was hard! the first few waves are ok but after that it gets really hard! i'd suggest that u can build walls 1 round earlier, or even from the start! it is really hard to get anywhere without them, since the cheapest tower is 5g.

and i dont think bounty is distributed right, i often had less gold with one builder.

and i really think u need to put in a table with the resources of all ur builders, u know one of those "team resources" tables so i know how much gold my other builders have(talking about single player mode)

so overall, great map keep it going :D