• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Converting models from other games - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Converting models from 3D Max - Help

Hi, for the past few months, I've been contacting some really talented modelers around the community to help in campaign/mod project based on a science fiction animated series. Very few actually agreed to help, which is kinda disheartening, but that's the way it goes.

Anyway, I have a set of unconverted 3D Max models from an uncompleted mod project, and I was wondering if someone can help out in converting, optimizing and possibly animating these models for Warcraft.

I'm extremely dedicated to see this project through to the end, and I'm hoping the good modelers of this site can help out in finding a way to convert some of these models to Warcraft. I'd post the models here, but I don't think the author would want that.

Last edited:
Level 12
Well, I've got the models just about ready - its just the matter of optimizing and animating them for Warcraft that's the problem. I would love to have some folks come on board and help me out - I can show the models and stuff.
Animating is more difficult than it seems. Believe me...
If you never did that before, you will take some months to do a crappy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.