• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"convert to custom text"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Am I blind? I do not see a way to convert a trigger/function or whatever to the scripting language which it gets converted to. I see that the GUI of the galaxy editor is really powerful, but I got used to typing instead of clicking!

I do know that I can see the whole map script, but is there a way to see it only for one trigger (like in the WE)?

Thanks.
(And I think the unit data editor will make me return with one or more questions in the early future :D )

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You can also insert blocks of non function code into GUI via the custom script action and even fill in fields of GUI with custom script code.

To see what GUI lookslike in SC2 use the script viewer. Note that it will automatically remove GUI functions and non trigger code if it is not in use from the script file to save space.

Also in custom script code (left pannel) you can difine globals anywhere outside a function (no need for crappy GUI global difines). Locals still have to be at the start of a function though.

Level 2
Well, pressing Control F gives me the search-function, but my search for what I wanted wasn't successful.

I guess I am still too much used to the NewGen Editor...
Though I rarely used GUI in the WE, I liked to the possiblity to have it to easily search for uncommon functions and -more important- their parameters.

I see the amazing and huge list of events and actions, the possiblity to have inbuilt 'structs' and an own function library.
But do I really need to use the GUI of the trigger editor? I hate clicking!

I haven't found any place to simply type lines of code which will be compiled and implemented. So this is what I am looking for. The only thing I found was "View Map script" , where I can see the whole script.

So is there something like "convert to custom text", which opens me one window (like in the WE) to type my lines ? :D

Level 2
Thanks! That's what I wanted to find. +rep

Is there a bottom for this key combo for you (Ctrl-Alt-T) ? I don't have any bottom that I could press to create a custom script section, I guess it isn't displayed in my editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.