1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

"convert to custom text"

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Modding' started by Rushhour2, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Rushhour2

Rushhour2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Am I blind? I do not see a way to convert a trigger/function or whatever to the scripting language which it gets converted to. I see that the GUI of the galaxy editor is really powerful, but I got used to typing instead of clicking!

I do know that I can see the whole map script, but is there a way to see it only for one trigger (like in the WE)?

Thanks.
    (And I think the unit data editor will make me return with one or more questions in the early future :D )

2. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Use control + F to see a certain trigger.

You can then right click where your triggers are to create custom script sections, where you can write custom script. :eek:

3. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You can also insert blocks of non function code into GUI via the custom script action and even fill in fields of GUI with custom script code.

To see what GUI lookslike in SC2 use the script viewer. Note that it will automatically remove GUI functions and non trigger code if it is not in use from the script file to save space.

Also in custom script code (left pannel) you can difine globals anywhere outside a function (no need for crappy GUI global difines). Locals still have to be at the start of a function though.

4. Rushhour2

Rushhour2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, pressing Control F gives me the search-function, but my search for what I wanted wasn't successful.

I guess I am still too much used to the NewGen Editor...
    Though I rarely used GUI in the WE, I liked to the possiblity to have it to easily search for uncommon functions and -more important- their parameters.

I see the amazing and huge list of events and actions, the possiblity to have inbuilt 'structs' and an own function library.
    But do I really need to use the GUI of the trigger editor? I hate clicking!

I haven't found any place to simply type lines of code which will be compiled and implemented. So this is what I am looking for. The only thing I found was "View Map script" , where I can see the whole script.

So is there something like "convert to custom text", which opens me one window (like in the WE) to type my lines ? :D

5. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can't convert to custom text.

Like I said, create a new custom script section (rightclick -> new -> new custom script). Or, press ctrl+alt+t

6. Rushhour2

Rushhour2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks! That's what I wanted to find. +rep

Is there a bottom for this key combo for you (Ctrl-Alt-T) ? I don't have any bottom that I could press to create a custom script section, I guess it isn't displayed in my editor.

7. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    For some reason, it doesn't have a button, but you can access it via right click menus. Not sure why.