• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Convenient Links In Hive Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Yes, yes, I know, there are plug-ins to do this in your Browser to set links up. However, not everyone's a fan of plug-ins (I think they become messy) and one of the plug-ins called 'Firebug' used in the Firefox web browser does not work for Chrome users like me.

Solution: then use Firefox?

No.

So here is the idea I have to offer for Hive:

In the provided edited Screenshot at the very bottom shows all the links Hive has to offer for anyone in the chat area, especially those who are Mappers. It is an idea that would be unique to The Hive Workshop here where no one has to worry about downloading unnecessary plug-ins, etc. Instead, it would already be implemented into the site for users to use.

The good flip-side to this idea is it will prevent new people in chat from having to ask, "Well where is this," or "Where is that" when the links they need would already be in the chat area as shown in the edited Screenshot.

The Screenshot is only an example but it can be edited to where other links that may be more important can be placed there. That said, a link that's a 'must' in the chat area is hands down the Pastebin. As a user I dislike having to open another tab or scroll through my Favorites folder to have to go directly to Hive's front page for these links. It's an extra unnecessary step.

Attachments

• Convenient Hive Links In Chat.jpg
    Convenient Hive Links In Chat.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 175
Status
Not open for further replies.