• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Controlling 2 or more races in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am trying to figure out, how can I start a game with 3 different races in-game, but control all 3 races. I don't want them to do anything, just give me the ability to create their bases, units, ect.. for all the players in the game. Basically being able to play myself, taking control of the enemy and attack myself. I have looked everywhere on GOOGLE and HIVE forums but they are not exactly what I am looking for. Is there a simple way to do this with triggers? And I may have posted this in the wrong forum..... I am guessing it was supposed to be in Trigger-help.

Last edited:
In the trigger editor, you could use the create unit function for creating the worker units.

• Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Player Group - Pick (All Players) and do Actions
      • Actions
        • Create 3 worker units for (Picked Player) at ((Random number between 450 and 675) with an angle of (Random number between 0 and 360) from (Starting location))
Of course, the trigger above may leak a bit, but if you're okay with it, then so be it.
As for the ability to control the enemy, all you have to do is to provide vision and control over other players, but not change the alliance of the player to the other players themselves.

• Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Player Group - Pick (All Players) and do Actions
      • Actions
        • Set ITERATOR_Player = (Picked Player)
        • Player Group Pick (All Players) and do Actions
          • Actions
            • If (If all conditions are true, then do Then-Actions, else do Else-Actions)
              • if - Condition
                • (Picked Player) slot status equal to is playing
                • (Picked Player) not equal to ITERATOR_Player
                • (Picked Player) is an enemy of ITERATOR_Player equal to true
                • (Player to Index(Picked Player)) less than or equal to 12
              • Then - Actions
                • Player - Set alliance aspect or something (I don't know the GUI equivalent anymore) (Vision thingy if you like)
                • Player - Set alliance aspect (full control thingy.)
              • Else - Actions

Level 2
Nice, I will check it out later and see how it runs.

Thanks!

Do you have this as a .zip? My triggers aren't looking at the same

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.