• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Contest Suggestion. Right place 2 post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Hi.

I just want to suggest an idea for a contest. I am a big fan of 12 player melee maps (Ice Crown and Gardens all day!), and we don't have to many large number of player melee maps at the map section. We usually only get 2-4 player maps.

Idea: Have a contest for: The best 12 player melee map.

Ways to judge can work out for normal melee map judging. There are plenty of melee veterans, reviewers and creators.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Level 28
Did somebody say melee map contest?

Actually we did try to host a melee map contest on our group but well.. it failed but I wonder what will happen if we try to host it again, the number of the members increased dramatically when we first tried to pull it off.

But I suggest aiming for a lower player number. 12 player melee map is a pain in the ass.

Level 32
That is why, contests should be challenging. The best in 2013, the most interesting? (I don't know, anyone suggest something?)

SonofJay, I see more melee maps every day. It almost seems like half of all recent maps are melee. I think more may participate. (Though I wouldn't know because I wasn't a member until this year.)

Status
Not open for further replies.