• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Contest (+polls) announcements flagrantly visible plus notification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I know this sounds wicked but would you implement a spam bot to send every member of the Hive a message when a contest poll is up (one message per poll without reminders)? Many people have problems seeing the announcements on the index page. Because of this, we are not having decent statistics.

Level 19
I'm sorry, but explosive diarrhea is more dignified than plugging content through rampant push notifications.

It's a line I don't want to see crossed.
boy do people on the hive like to complain about innovation

Ralle is going to do whatever he wants to do. his in charge. which means all your complaining means nothing if it is decided that this function is needed or wanted

Level 30
Please tell me more about the site and how it works. And please do it in terms of hobbies.

Please. You're such a relic from ancient history.
Bygones are bygones, grampa. The future is now!

Here's a possible solution:
There could be a button that's disabled by default. That way you wouldn't have to deal with all of that bandwidth that comes with mailing inactive members, or the majority of the active members, who don't care.

There's also the option of promoting Deepstrasz & Thelordofchaos to "Official, Important, Invaluable Administrators of The Contest Announcements that would otherwise go unnoticed".
With them taking on the task of keeping a mailing list, and notifying the 6 members on said list.

Level 19
Please. You're such a relic from ancient history.
Bygones are bygones, grampa. The future is now!

Here's a possible solution:
There could be a button that's disabled by default. That way you wouldn't have to deal with all of that bandwidth that comes with mailing inactive members, or the majority of the active members, who don't care.

There's also the option of promoting Deepstrasz & Thelordofchaos to "Official, Important, Invaluable Administrators of The Contest Announcements that would otherwise go unnoticed".
With them taking on the task of keeping a mailing list, and notifying the 6 members on said list.
please leave me out of this... a button is fine. not everything requires human resources

Status
Not open for further replies.